Thursday, April 25, 2013

A special Bridal Shower gift



A dear friend of mine is getting married in a few short weeks in Cuba. We have been friends since we were 3 and 5 years old. She is one of the kindest, sweetest people I know. She's the kind of friend that when my life was falling apart before my eyes, she was the first one there to hug me and tell me everything would be okay. So when she asked me to be a Bridesmaid for her May wedding, I said yes. Little did I know at the time that I simply wouldn't have the money to travel to Cuba (as a single gal, it's expensive!). Since I am unable to attend her special day, I wanted to make sure that I gave her a heartfelt gift that displays to her how much I appreciate and cherish her friendship.

Many times at client's weddings I will see personalized items, ribbon and handkerchiefs wrapped around the Bride's bouquet, so it got me thinking....if I can't stand beside my friend on her wedding day, then I have to make sure she knows that I am there in thought and will be thinking of her that day. I went to Michael's and bought black satin ribbon, a frame charm and a faux bouquet. Inside the frame I placed a picture of the two of us from our 2009 vacation to Cuba. Both of our lives have changed so much since that picture was taken, but the thing that has remained the same is our friendship and love for one another. I know I have let her down by not being able to attend her wedding, but I hope she knows that she has my full support as she marries a fantastic guy. They are a great pair and I couldn't be happier for her.


Ribbon tied around a bouquet with a photo of us.

Inside the card I wrote;

Because I can't stand beside you on your wedding day,
I ask that you take me with you on your bouquet.
Wrap the ribbon around your flowers tight,
I'm so happy that you found Mr. Right.
Even though we're far apart,
Our friendship is always in my heart.

I also gave her a homemade chalkboard with Household Labels for her pantry. Her and her hubs-to-be just bought a new house, so I'm sure she will put the chalkboard up in the kitchen so he can leave her love notes instead of dinner menu requests. LOL!

Household pantry labels from Mabel's Labels.

I'm glad that I was able to celebrate with her on Saturday at her Bridal Shower and look forward to the party they will host at their new home when they arrive back as Mr. & Mrs.

Wishing Katie & Adam all the best on their wedding day! I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

The Bride's Butler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...