Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Are you THAT guest?!




Over the past 5 years of coordinating weddings, I've seen some pretty interesting and sometimes embarrassing behavior from guests and wedding party members. There's been a few times I've cringed while the Best Man gave his speech (or rather a roast to the Groom). I've shaken my head in disbelief at conversations overheard in the lobby or the bathroom, and I've looked on in awe at how alcohol makes people think they're as good of a dancer as Michael Jackson in his Thriller days.

Now don't get me wrong - weddings are meant to be fun - a celebration in honor of two people in love. I'm all for everyone having a good time, for that's why the Bride & Groom are hosting such a fete. But, let's remember that some people look at weddings like they would a nightclub, or a high school prom. Depending on the type of guests that are in attendance, things can sometimes get a little wild.

As I said, I've witnessed some crazy things from guests while coordinating weddings, and thankfully none have been overly inappropriate. A few weeks ago I heard a story from a pair of friends that are newlyweds, and I hope to never ever encounter what one of their guests did! Without crossing any lines, I'll let you use your imagination with this one....a female guest in a dress brought a random guy as her date and while it's proper etiquette to not have your elbows on the table during dinner, this guy took it to another level and didn't have his hands visible during the main course. So to say the least, he skipped the main and went straight for dessert. Thankfully the Bride & Groom didn't serve Tiramisu which is made with 'lady fingers'. BAH!

So when attending a wedding, ask yourself - do you want to be THAT guest that people talk about over brunch the next day - or even weeks, months and years after the wedding? Dress appropriately, don't conduct lewd acts in public, pace yourself when drinking and just be mindful of your actions. Have a good time, share some laughs, flirt a little and party, but do yourself a favor and don't be THAT guest.




1 comment:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

The Bride's Butler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...