Saturday, December 25, 2010

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid!




Merry Christmas!!

"A Christmas Story" has been one of my favourite holiday movies since I was a child. I remember watching it on VHS with my family in the late 80's and it seemed like no one else had ever heard of it. Classmates thought I was weird, and you just couldn't find movie memorabilia anywhere. Now, this movie is a fan favourite and a cult classic. My Dad & I are huge fans, we know almost every line!

Last weekend I travelled to Cleveland, OH to see the actual house from the movie. It's staged to be just like the house was during the movie, and to my delight, Ian Petrella (who played kid brother Randy) was on hand for a meet & greet! Although our meeting was brief, it was a moment I will always cherish.
Being able to see and feel places in the house that were shared by the actors in the movie was an unbelievable experience! The current owner of the house has done a fantastic job with props like furniture, wallpaper and antiques to make it feel like you're at the "Parker's".

As well as the house, there's a museum dedicated to actual movie props like wardrobe pieces, scripts and toys used in the film.


To have visited "A Christmas Story" house was a fantastic way to start off my holidays! I wish you a very Merry Christmas filled with fond memories of the past, and wonderful memories made for future reminiscing with family and friends. I also hope that like Ralphie in the movie, you get what you wished for this Christmas.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

The Bride's Butler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...