Sunday, April 10, 2011

Friendor Spotlight

Designs by Law: Christine Law

Did you know that bridal bouquets were originally meant to ward off evil spirits? Now bouquets are a popular item for Brides & bridesmaids to add femininity, elegance and colour.



We interviewed Christine, a Friendor of ours who owns Designs by Law. She works together with Brides to create beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres and floral arrangements for their wedding. We're pleased to recommend our clients to Christine for her friendly, affordable and professional service.

How did Designs by Law come to be?
Designs by Law came to be in 2001 after the birth of my middle child. My parents have greenhouses, and my mom gave me the idea to grow fall mums on their farm, and I sold them at a local market. While at the market, I sold cut flowers too. Someone approached me to ask if I did arrangements, I said yes and really enjoyed it! In 2004 I started design courses, and what started out as 1 wedding a year, turned into 8 , into 20, into 30... and now, I do approximately 50 - 60 a year!

What is your favourite type of bouquet or arrangement to make?
I love to do bridal bouquets, and make them personalized for the Bride and the theme/style of the wedding.

What is the trend for flowers/bouquets for 2011?
Continuing on from 2010 are the hand tied bouquets. I only get a few requests for cascade/arm bouquets. Much like last year, purple is the most popular colour, as well as white (as always).

When should a couple book your services for their wedding?
I prefer to have a few months (4-6) notice. I have done weddings a few weeks in advance, but it can be tricky if you need unique/out of season flowers that aren't readily available. The more time in advance, the better.

Do you have any specials right now that you’d like to feature?
Sure I do, it's my most popular package! It consists of:
Bridal Bouquet (roses only)
3 Bridesmaids bouquets (smaller version of Bride's)
Groom's boutonniere
3 Groomsmen boutonnieres
A toss bouquet
2 Mother corsages (wrist or pin)
2 Father boutonnieres
With delivery to one location (within servicing area) for $399.00 plus taxes.

That's a fabulous deal! What if the couple has more than 3 Bridemaids?
Each additional bouquet is $75.

How does it make you feel to know a couple is working with a Coordinator?
I think working with a Coordiantor keeps a bride on track, less stress and worry. It's nice to know as a Florist, that there will be someone at the venue to give direction, input and extra help.

Do you have a success story you’d like to share?
One time a hall refused to put out the cupcakes, so since I was there dropping off flowers, I spent an extra 1/2 hour setting them up for the couple. I don't think they ever knew that I did that for them, and I didn't tell them.
If that couple had hired us, we surely would have done it and saved you the 1/2 hour Christine!


When choosing your Florist, be sure to ask questions about the type of flower you want. How do they stand up to heat, wind, cold? How long will they last out of water? Your florist is there to help you create your wedding bouquets and arrangements.

To learn more, visit her website. To find out if you can get added discounts from Designs by Law, contact us regarding our Full Wedding Planning services.

*Images provided by Christine Law





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

The Bride's Butler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...