Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!




This past Sunday I hosted a Baby Shower for my Sister-in-law (SIL) Shannon and my nephew Cole. In a previous post I'd mentioned how I was tossing around ideas for a theme and then finally decided, but wanted to keep it a secret. The theme was baseball!  My SIL plays and umpires, and the sport has always been played by my Dad (Pops) and my brother (Cole's Dad).


The invitations were made to look like ticket stubs and even had one of our favourite quotes from a baseball movie; Field of Dreams -"If you build it, he will come."

Guests were treated to a lunch of hotdogs, nachos with cheese, an aray of salads and cupcakes (baked by yours truly).

For the favour we had a Candy Buffet with baseball treats like caramel corn, peanuts, pretzels, gum, gummies, pepperettes and Baby Ruth chocolate bars! Guests could fill up small paper bags with their choice of treats to take home.

Instead of a guest book we asked guests to sign a baseball as a memento.

Shannon and Cole were surrounded by many family and friends and I think that everyone had a great time. Cole was spoiled!! Shown here is the little cutie with a 'big boy' hat from Roots given with love from my Aunt Bev.

Congrats once again Jack & Shannon on the birth of baby Cole!
It was a pleasure hosting the shower for you.

1 comment:

Dori Gallagher said...

Love love love the signing of the baseball...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

The Bride's Butler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...